|Location: Brighton, East Sussex||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Reliability Engineer (RMS)
Reliability Engineer (Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability) needed for a defence company based in Brighton who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Reliability Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Reliability Engineer will include:
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis using 217Plus (MIL-HDBK-217F), NPRD and/or Bellcore/Telcordia to calculate failure rates, MTBF's and other calculations related to reliability.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA's, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
- Write safety cases using DEF STAN 00-56 etc, including supporting documentation.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 tasks and/or SAE ARP4761.
- Reliability prediction experience using MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, NSWC, and/or PRISM.
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with requirements.
- Parts Stress Derating.
- Fault Tree Analysis.
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses.
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
What experience you need to be the successful Reliability Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, SW, Math, Physics or related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of experience working within the guidelines of RMS Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and be able to develop and write technical analysis reports and plans.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication and PC skills are all essential.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and MS Office application software.
Must be eligible for SC clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Reliability Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.