|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £22000 - £27000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
1st 2nd Line Support Engineer
1st 2nd Line Support Engineer needed to join my client on a permanent basis. My client are the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board the Vanguard class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support.
What the role entails:
* Utilise Service Desk call logging software to log, monitor, update and resolve customer problems & incidents in line with Service Level Agreements
* Identify, analyse and where possible, resolve problems with computer hardware, telecommunications and software
* Liaise with team members and escalate tickets to senior engineers where appropriate.
* Maintain and updates asset registers & knowledge bases
* Utilise, maintain and create where appropriate, documentation for all IT systems and functions
* Undertake daily system checks to ensure IT system availability
* Deploy workstations and printers to the desktop
* Participate in project based tasks working closely with team members and stakeholders
What you need to be the successful 1st 2nd Line Support Engineer:
* Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 Desktop
* Knowledge of Server 2012
* Knowledge of VMware virtualisation
* Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
* Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
* Excellent Customer Services engagement with good communication skills
* Able to develop strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills
* Motivated with a willingness to further develop knowledge and experience
* Must be an enthusiastic team player and able to use own initiative
* Previous experience of working in a service desk environment
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 1st 2nd Line Support Engineer to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.