|Location: Woking, Surrey||Salary: £18000 - £21000 per annum + benefit package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sian Driscoll||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Service Desk Analyst (1st Line)
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000
My client based in Surrey are a Microsoft Gold Partner as well as a large managed service provider with a large portfolio of clients who are looking to recruit a Service Desk Analyst (1st Line) with experience of Citrix, Exchange, Microsoft Products SQL, AD, and Basic Networking.
- Free Car Parking
- Rewards: High Street retail & leisure reward scheme (savings or cash back) You can save £100's a year on your everyday shopping. Whether that's your weekly shop at Sainsburys or maybe a new bathroom from B&Q, you can save between 5-25% at over 800 retailers both online and in-store.
- 23 days A/L plus bank holidays
- Volunteer Day
- Eye care vouchers
Some of the general specification and requirements of the Service Desk Analyst (1st Line) will include:
- Experience (preferable) 1-2 years in a service desk environment:
- Supporting Windows 7/Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 2010
- Basic Networking
- Knowledge of Citrix
- Using remote support tools.
- Laptop/desktop and thin client support
- Excellent customer service skills
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Service Desk Analyst (1st Line) will include:
- Maintain a customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Triage and troubleshoot Incidents by providing first contact telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network, with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible as a first contact fix
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets and acting as a central point of contact for communication and updates.
- Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to other resolver groups, or line Manager.
- To make a positive contribution to update and maintain IT Service Desk documentation including the knowledgebase.
- Administration of various IT systems, including account creations, changes/updates etc.
- Log and assign tickets, monitoring workloads for the other Service Desk team members to ensure the quickest response may be achieved.
- To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the department. Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
- Meet and exceed as required the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes (e.g. Incident, Request, Problem, etc.)
- Upon management request you should be willing to perform duties outside normal business hours, e.g. on-call service or overtime.
- Any other duties required from time to time as requested by your line Manager or the Board
- Incident, Problem, Request and Event Management using the company's Service Management platform, ensuring at all times that your calls contain timely and comprehensive updates
- Respond to alerts received from the pro-active monitoring program(s) following process to resolve or reduce any customer impact
- Perform vendor and management escalation of customer issues in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Develop excellent working relationships with customers, partners and suppliers, ensuring that the reputation is upheld at all times
- Proactive management of customer systems, enabling incident management and system performance to be maintained in accordance with defined SLAs.
- Contribute to and maintain managed service documentation