|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £18000 - £23000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician
My client within legal services based in Leeds are recruiting for a 1st Line / 2nd Line Support technician to provide support for desktop hardware, software and business systems.
As an 1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician you will be working within a small team reporting into the IT Service Team Leader.
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician Benefits
- 25 days holidays
- 10% contributed pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life Cover
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician Responsibilities
- Support the business by providing 1st and 2nd line technical support
- Administration of accounts in Active directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Liaise and work with external and internal technical contacts on incident resolution
- Support the Root Cause Analysis process for significant issues
- Proactively investigate trends in incidents
- Completion of monthly access management audits
- Monitoring and completing audits
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician Attributes
- Highly motivated, proactive with a "can do" attitude.
- Having a true passion for IT and willingness to learn and immerse themselves in IT systems and processes
- Customer service focused, having the ability to understand the requirements of customers, clients and internal colleagues.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and respond to queries within realistic timescales
- Be accountable for quality, accuracy and security
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician Essential Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Experience of Active directory and email administration, (Exchange Admin Center)
- Experience in supporting Desktops, laptops and printers
- Broad understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Basic understanding of networking and TCP/IP
- RDS management and experience with virtual platforms
1st Line / 2nd Line Support Technician Desirable Skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Working towards or holding of a Microsoft certification for Windows Desktop Operating System (MCSA Windows 7)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Switch Patching and experience with Firewalls