|Location: London, England||Salary: £100 - £120 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 21 days ago|
1st Line Support Engineer
2 month contract, likely to be made perm
My client is seeking an IT Support Engineer, this is a junior requirement; to help support and grow, as well as provide assistance with their network of hosting environments in five countries supporting client-facing applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to the user base. In addition, they will be responsible for working with the Senior Engineering team to support the clients global infrastructure. This candidate will also have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and track their progress through to completion.
Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT support to Users including:
- Laptop configuration and support
- Network access
- VOIP Phone connectivity
- Assist in onboarding of new users
- Document internal procedures
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Support the company's global hosting infrastructure including Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Internet and Remote Access systems
- Perform network performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Install, configure and maintain network switches, firewalls and other network devices
- Respond to and analyze security system alerts and incident reports
- Server, network and storage hardware implementation and troubleshooting
- Configuration, and maintenance of Fiber Channel and iSCSI SAN environments
Please apply if you feel you are suitable for this role.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.