|Location: Liverpool, Merseyside||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 24 days ago|
1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk
1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk needed for a leading communications organisation based in Liverpool who are looking to employ an experienced 1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk with an in-depth knowledge of Windows Server OS 2008 and 2012 support, Exchange (2010 & 2013), SharePoint (2007 -2013 and Lync products and experience within a service level driven environment..
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the 1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk will include:
- Provide 1st (2nd) line technical support - you will be the first point of contact for all ICT related incidents and service requests.
- To be part of a proactive team of technical service desk engineers delivering high quality, customer focused service.
- Responsible for adhering to the ITIL Problem Management Policy and ITIL Incident Management Policy and including the lifecycle management of all incidents.
- Configuration Management:- responsible for adhering to the policy and process, ensuring CI's are accurate, linking CI's, status accounting.
- Responsible for communicating planned outages
- Answered Queue management ensuring incident closure with end users.
- Responsible for monitoring OOH, providing statistics, ensuring OOH have sufficient support information to provide 1st line support functionality.
- Responsible for data quality held within the Service Management System, Remedy.
- Responsible for FAQ documentation and end user guides.
- Work closely with the Customer base to streamline services in line with ITIL.
- Self-development, attending appropriate health and safety, ITIL, risk assessment training courses and sitting exams where required.
What you need to be the successful 1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk :
In order to be the successful 1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Windows Server OS 2008 and 2012 support;
- Active Directory;
- Bespoke Application support;
- Knowledge and understanding of Exchange (2010 & 2013), SharePoint (2007 -2013and Lync products
- Anti-Virus software;
- Experience within a service level driven environment.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Undertake Security Clearance checks.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 1st Line Support Engineer - Service Desk to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!