|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £15000 - £20000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Lauren Ballam|
1st Line Support Technician - Permanent / Full-Time (East Grinstead)
1st Line Support Technician required for a risk management organisation dealing with global clients. The 1st Line Support Technician with need to possess excellent phone and customer service skills, and have a keen interest in IT.
Some of the main duties of the 1st Line Support Technician will include:
- To provide effective first line technical support to the customer base with a view to efficient and swift incident resolution.
- Offer the highest standard of verbal and written communication to all customers whether their query is at the most basic usability level all the way through to the most complex IT related issues
- To ensure that all calls are answered, logged within the company's customer database and either resolved or escalated appropriately.
- To troubleshoot and provide recommended workarounds/fixes to problems.
- To give technical advice associated with customer implementations and rollout requirements.
- To meet performance measures which contribute directly towards areas of user care, satisfaction and quality.
- To maintain the customer database by keeping all call-related and customer demographic information up to date.
- To work within the Information Security requirements.
- To complete quality-checking tasks, including customisations.
- To complete data import/updates as required and advised via Tasks.
- To help improve future product releases by prioritising known product
- Attain goals and achieve excellence in the work required for the support role.
- Offer advice and assistance to customers in the resolution of their requests
- Arrange and manage new builds, upgrades and customisation changes to the productions servers
- Ensure that all communication with any customer is helpful, positive and accurate
- Ensure that all work and communications are logged in optimize in the correct manner.
- Ensure that all support cases are logged in optimize with full details on issues they refer to and what investigations have taken place before escalating.
- Documentation and Process
- Ensure that appropriate tasks are completed for customisation, new builds, upgrades, data import/updates and database work.
- Comply with all Support processes and policies making sure all procedures all completed according to the relevant guidelines.
- Work closely with the other departments to deliver effective solutions to customers
- Manage and monitor the Support inbox.
- Customer Management
- Complete onsite installations and upgrades as required
- Specifically take ownership of customer requirements where significant data work is involved. This will include, but is not limited to, bespoke data imports, MI and general output requirements. Requires the planning and implementation of processes
- Role requires flexibility in working hours to support complex implementations for US, UK and global organisations.
- Attend regular meetings with support manager to determine issues requiring development time.
- Attend training as required.
All duties should be carried out in line with company policies and procedures. This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to review.
In order to be the successful 1st Line Support Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Web services
- Understanding of SCORM/AICC/LMS
Got the skills above? Apply now!
Interviews happening immediately!
Call Lauren direct on: 01342 330514
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.