|Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex||Salary: £24000 - £28000 per annum + Pension|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Kiely|
2nd Line IT Support Technician
East Grinstead, West Sussex
2nd Line IT support technician needed for our client based in East Grinstead, West Sussex, who are looking to employ an experienced 2nd Line IT support technician with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-10, Office 2013/2016/o365, Server 2008-2016 and Active Directory.
The successful 2nd Line IT support Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum DOE
- 20 day's holidays
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
What the role of 2nd Line IT Support Technician entails:
- Working as part of the IT Service Desk Team, respond to incident and service requests and alerts from monitoring systems.
- Point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Record work undertaken to diagnose and resolve an issue in the Service Desk system.
- Maintain client documentation in relation to hardware, software configurations and standard build information
- Responsible for handling incoming requests for support in a timely and professional manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software
- Also responsible for monitoring and maintaining our client's infrastructure. This includes Server, Desktop, network performance, backups and Voice Comms
- Ensure that time entries for all work is recorded and tickets updated by the end of each day
What you need to be the successful 2nd Line IT Support Technician:
- 3 years minimum experience in similar roles
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Windows 7-10
- Office 2013/2016/o365
- Server 2008-2016
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- Networking - Switching, routers, VLAN's, wifi, VPN, firewalls
- Group Policy
- IP Telephony
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Support Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!