|Location: Slough, Berkshire||Salary: £27000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Technology, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Amar Jawaid|
2nd Line Service/Helpdesk
£27,000 - £30,000
2nd Line Service/Helpdesk needed for an IT; privately owned organisation based in Slough who are looking to employ an experienced 2nd Line Service/Helpdesk.
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Service/Helpdesk will include:
- To provide 2nd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Dealing with problems for hardware, such as servers, computers and printers, and software programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Asking questions about the problem and explaining possible solutions
- To ensure that all SLA's are met
- To work effectively and productively with 2nd line support
- To take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis and fix the issue either remotely or on-site
- To document all calls on the call logging system
- Produce statistics each month on Helpdesk issues
- To maintain user security on all systems
- Supporting users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- To arrange for external support, visit whenever problems cannot be resolved in house
- Attend client visits
In order to be the successful 2nd Line Service/Helpdesk and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- MCSE 2003/2008/2012R2 or relevant Experience
- Exchange Administration or relevant Experience
- Desktop and Server Hardware
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory (Essential)
- Troubleshooting IT related issues
- Service Management Practices (ITIL) advantageous
- Proactively respond to calls logged through call management system
- Calls dealt with promptly, follow up on unresolved issues until completion
- Assist in daily administration of Support Area
- Ensure all processes and procedures are adhered to and where possible improved
- Familiarisation with IT Technical processes and procedures
- Monitor all server backups from 3rd party supplier.
- Ensure orders for Software & Hardware are followed through to delivery to user
- Ensure all software installations are recorded and license availability verified
- Report to appropriate manager any software process violation
- Management of Microsoft licensing.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Service/Helpdesk to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.