|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £25000 - £27000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
2nd Line Support Engineer
My financial services client based in Leeds are recruiting for a 2nd Line Support Engineer.
As an 2nd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for handling first, second and in some cases third level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: Workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
2nd Line Support Engineer Benefits:
- Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Assured
- Virtual GP Surgery
- Free parking.
- Contributory pension.
- Excellent office facilities - including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables.
- Cafe - an onsite subsidised cafe
- Employee incentives - Reward and recognition schemes.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
2nd Line Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support on Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with customers as required; keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
2nd Line Support Engineer Qualifications and Experience:
- Windows Server 2008/2012 R2/2016
- Citrix XenServer
- Citrix XenApp
- Windows XP through to Windows 10
- Firewalls / Security (SonicWALL beneficial)
- Networks - LAN/WAN/Routers
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- MS Exchange
Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
Interpersonal skills; such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
Diagnosis skills of technical issues
Ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly
Technical awareness; ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately