|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: £1 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
2nd Line Support Technician
2nd Line Support Technician needed for a globally-recognised electronic manufacturing organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced 2nd Line Support Technician with proven experience within an IT environment.
The successful 2nd Line Support Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* A competitive annual salary
* 25 days holiday (option to buy and sell holiday after 12 months of employment). Able to purchase an additional 5 days taking you 30 days overall.
* Pension Scheme (contribution is matched by the company)
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
* Free Parking
* + a variety benefits
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Support Technician will include:
* To achieve key delivery of support to 200 users, 25 servers including VM's.
* To report to and work with the IT Manager and Senior System Administrator
* To maintain a service of computer systems to meet requirements of end users.
* Carry out Backups off all Fileserver variable data on a daily basis
* Ensure that necessary security routines are in place, particularly
Firewall and Virus systems maintenance
* Provide telephony support for VoIP
* Manage the businesses Email Service and Support and help develop the companies networking infrastructure and server estate.
* Tier II Technical support as required for IT Operations and Support
* Personally, ensure that the Company Network and Fileservers operate efficiently and that IT procedures are documented.
* To follow and help develop IS procedures and policies.
* Be proficient in industry prominent applications and operating systems
* Assist, and act as a consultant when appropriate, in the implementation of major software and hardware upgrades.
* Manage workload effectively
In order to be the successful 2nd Line Support Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* 3 years + experience within an IT environment
* Qualifications in IT disciplines or proven experience
* Good communicator and team player
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.