|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sian Driscoll||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Gold Group are currently looking for a 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, to work for a leading aerospace technology company, based near Guildford.
This is a perm opportunity offering up to £28k per annum depending on experience. Our client offers various excellent company benefits, one of which is a very generous holiday allowance.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, rota of 8am to 4pm / 10am to 6pm.
- You will be responsible for the successful resolution of tickets assigned to the Service Desk Technical Team and support for all client-side computing
- You will be performing 2nd line functionality for the Information Systems Service Desk in accordance with all Service Desk procedures and SLA's, providing support for internal users across multiple sites.
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst will include:
- Ownership of request through to resolution, following up and closing as necessary
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of assigned tickets to resolution or escalation where necessary
- Provide a quality level of service to Customer ensuring communication is at the forefront
- Setting up from new and re-building Laptops and Desktops Installation of IT Hardware and
- Other tasks as directed by the Service Desk Team Leader/Head of IS
Skills and qualifications as the 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst:
- Certificate or Diploma in computing (or equivalent).
- General experience with using computers
- Must be capable of defining a problem and applying a problem-solving methodology
- Must be able to priorities tasks and work under pressure.
- Previous customer facing roll (ideal but not essential)
- Good working knowledge of the Windows desktop operating systems and common applications
- Proven understanding of LAN technologies
- Proven abilities in diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Proven knowledge of PC hardware
- Understanding of Active Directory
- VPN experience
- Understanding of virtualisation, inc. Desktop, and its benefits.
- Keen to learn and willing to help
- A good team player
- Excellent communications/telephone skills (essential)