|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 8 days ago|
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits and flexible working.
This Reliability Engineer position is with a rapidly changing, dynamic part of our client's business with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Reliability Engineer to provide a sufficient level Engineering knowledge and skills to enable the effective and timely delivery of supportability analysis tasks.
Main activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertaking the day to day discharge of R&M Testability Engineering activities.
- Relating Testability knowledge and applicable techniques.
- Utilisation of Reliability Analysis, from both FME(C)A & Safety Analysis.
- Assessing Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Analysis and defining software coverage (BIT) to enable fault identification to be addressed.
- Understanding of the Systems engineering life-cycle.
- Development and Planning of Testability environments.
- Systems Engineering technical process and use of IBM DOORs/ Rhapsody.
- System Architecture Analysis.
- Ability for mapping of functionality onto hardware & software components.
- Ability for mapping of the software architecture onto hardware.
- System architecture analysis (e.g. the behaviour) between them.
- Knowledge of system Architecture Description Languages (ADLs). MoDAF DoDAF UML SysML
- Knowledge of software reliability modelling.
- Providing Testability input into the Design process.
- Assess Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (DRACAS) outputs and corrective actions.
- Maintaining appropriate contact with relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the programme.
- Liaising with supportability Team members to better understand expectations and performance needs.
- Controlling of both planning and budget where appropriate
- Knowledge of Def Stan 00-40, 00-42, Mil-Hdbk-217 etc
Required skills, qualifications and experience of Reliability Engineer
- Educated to HNC/Degree level in a relevant defence/engineering related subject and/or have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Significant relevant practical experience of the required aspects of Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Reliability Centred Maintenance Techniques and Analysis as well as the associated activities relating to DRACAS, R&M Case and Safety Analysis.
- Experience should include working with, and understanding the requirements of the generally acknowledged international R&MT standards used in the defence industry.
- Effective communication skills and PC skills are also essential for this role as are good interpersonal skills, and the ability to make sound technical assessments/judgements based on knowledge and experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team
Desired skills, qualifications and experience of Reliability Engineer
- Experience of product / systems development environment. In particular military vehicle/Land domain or Air Defence/Weapons domains.
- Good knowledge of complex systems, electrical/electronics, networks, Software systems and the associated reliability issues.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This is a fantastic opoprtunity for Reliability Engineer to take the next step in their career, make sure to apply so you don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the position of Reliability Engineer must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.