|Location: London||Salary: £30000 - £42000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Walmisley|
3rd Line Engineer £30,000 - £40,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-5pm / 9am-6pm / 10am-7pm
Are you an experienced tier 3 IT Engineer, with experience troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, networking and server/desktop remediation? Do you have experience within an MSP? If yes to all of the above, get in touch ASAP as I am recruiting for a 3rd line engineer to join a successful Managed Service Provider. This is a great opportunity to be a 3rd line engineer where you will be working with the most modern technology on the market, supporting clients that run with Microsoft, Linux and Mac.
- Responsible for handling escalated service requests and be the final escalation point on the service desk.
- Ensuring technical team is improving engineering skills to ensure fast turnaround of client requests.
- Root cause analysis to prevent recurring problems.
- Reducing reactive tickets through proactive management.
- Responsible for problem management tickets
- Driving broader proactive improvements using enterprise-grade tools and approaches.
- Work closely with Team Leads/SDM or other engineers where 3rd line support is required.
- To support other engineers' technical needs, whilst at the same time ensuring that they are using their knowledge and skills to the maximum before the escalation of cases.
- To identify knowledge gaps within the team and ensure that these are filled through training.
- To prioritise and manage many open cases at one time - multitasking.
- Be approachable and enthusiastic about transferring knowledge and be fully integrated and engaged in the service delivery team's working day.
- To develop and maintain records, prepare reports, and correspondence for escalated incidents.
- Keeping all assigned escalated ticket up to date and client communicated regularly.
- Making sure time is entered within ticket on the go when doing tickets.(Live time entry)
- Identify the root cause of the major incident and recommend the option to make sure it does not occur again.
- Responsible for creating an incident report/RCA report for TL/SDM review for clients.
- Responsible for increasing proactive score thus achieving the proactive objective.
- Responsible for problem management tickets and working with other 3rd line engineers to get permanent resolution. Documenting this for Knowledgebase.
- Microsoft Azure VMs, VPNs, hybrid environments (including sync of directories)
- Microsoft Windows platforms in particular Windows 7-10
- Microsoft Server platforms - 2008-2016 (including core)
- Microsoft Office Versions and Exchange 2007-2016 / Office365
- Virtualization - Hyper-V / VMware
- Network infrastructure - routers, firewalls (SonicWALL), VLAN, WLAN (Meraki), QOS, routing
- Server monitoring, maintenance and remediation (in-depth Microsoft troubleshooting)
- Security platforms: antivirus (Webroot), OpenDNS, Qualys (vulnerability management), Sophos encryption/end point management
- Cloud email security systems: anti-spam, email archiving (Reflexion / Mimecast)
- Cloud file sync and share platforms: Drobox, Box, AWP
- Phone systems (on premise / hosted): VoIP troubleshooting and configuration management
- In-depth knowledge of ConnectWise, Autotask Endpoint and other tools / platforms used by the business, recommended but not essential
This is a great role where you will be assessed every 3 months on capability and to assess areas of training you may need internally or via external methods.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.