|Location: Liverpool, Merseyside||Salary: To be discussed + Company Vehicle|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Lauren Ballam|
3rd line Support Engineer / 3rd Line ICT Engineer (FIXED TERM CONTRACT) Expires April 2019
3rd Line Support Engineer needed for a leading communications organisation, who are seeking a skilled 3rd Line Support Engineer with experience in providing technical support within a service driven environment.
Some of the main duties of the 3rd Line Support Engineer will include:
Demonstrable and sound experience of:
- Voice Over IP telephony;
- IP networking in LAN and WAN technologies including Wi-fi;
- Networking hardware & infrastructure;
- Windows network domains and Operating systems;
Additionally, the following skills are classed as Desirable:
- Working knowledge of traditional voice telecommunications (PSTN, ADSL, ISDN) from Service Provider through to Service User;
- Experience of Programmable Logic controllers;
- Radio communications (both TETRA and analog);
- Working knowledge of Mobile Data Communications.
- The ICT Engineer on the emergency Service contract will provide 3rd Line support to incident response and management systems and system users.
- Most of the systems involve bespoke Command and control software running on Windows platforms.(TRAINING PROVIDED)
- Support will be provided across the following levels of Emergency incident response:
- Control Command and Control HQ;
- Command and Control equipment;
- In-cab Command and Control equipment.
- As a 3rd Line Support Engineer the role will require a strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills based background using various diagnostic tools.
- In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers (both internal and external) through situations (over the phone as well as face-to-face), providing resolution to incidents and ultimately reach customer satisfaction.
- This may often be under challenging conditions. Communication is a key skill to enable the management of faults through incident, change and problem management.
- Work from or travel to customer sites both on Merseyside and further afield (as required) to provide extended Technical Support services to customers.
- To deliver the highest level of customer service by resolving escalated customer technical support incidents/requests to meet the SLAs.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
The following qualifications will enhance an application:
- Professional Competency Qualifications awarded by examination (such as the Cisco CCNA qualifications) would be preferable.
- However, in their absence, certified evidence of competencies by authorised training partners will be considered. Note that expired qualifications if relevant will be taken into account.
- IP Networking (Cisco CCNA or equivalent);
- Appropriate Microsoft Qualifications;
- 17th Edition Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 (or 18th);
- Relevant Telecommunications qualifications;
- Relevant Radio qualifications;
- ITIL foundation or practitioner.
Excellent employee benefits:
My client is committed to ensuring that they offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages including
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Have the skills above?
Ready to work with a leading ICT organisation with fantastic benefits? Call Lauren directly - 01342 330514
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.