|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: £35000 - £44000 per annum + benefits (2 year FTC)|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
£35,000 - £44,000 + Benefits (2 year FTC)
The candidate will work within the Systems Engineering Integration and Test Team (SEIT) for WCSP ensuring all on vehicle activities of the assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented in accordance with documented procedures. A vehicle owner has the main responsibility of ensuring an assigned vehicle is always in a 'ready state' to perform or undergo the next required task. Integration and test activities will mainly take place at various internal and external locations around the UK.
Candidate's responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all activities of an assigned vehicle are documented as per project requirement.
- Ensuring all maintenance requirements of an assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented as per requirement. This includes any GFE AESP and Internal documented requirement.
- Assist with on and off vehicle engineering investigation activities. Including optimisation and fault investigation activities.
- Assume the point of contact between all other technicians working on vehicle and the engineering team.
- Assist in organisation of vehicle movements internally around facilities and to other facilities at sites around the UK.
- Assist with the implementation of vehicle testing activities either by assisting an assigned Systems Test Engineering or by, on occasion, ensuring operation in accordance with issued procedures.
- As a vehicle owner the candidate will assist in the implementation and organisation of additional assigned technician support. Including the distribution of assigned vehicle activities to any assigned personnel;
- Assembly and modification of units and complete systems as per instruction.
- Installation and routing of cable harness runs through complex structures.
- If experienced, occasional modification or repair of military style cable harnesses in lab or in situ.
- Operation of hardware at component, system and vehicle level as per test procedure; following training and/or instruction. Including movement of assets around facilities.
- Support the testing of components and systems.
- Support vehicle testing including the operation of the vehicle and vehicle systems following training.
- Provide support during meetings and consultation to facilitate the continual revision of programme reports and schedules.
- Facility and equipment 'housekeeping'. Includes ownership and maintenance of tools and equipment within identified working areas.
Required skills, qualifications and experience of Vehicle Owner
- Experience of build activities on complex systems, preferably within a defence programme.
- Experience of electrical and/or mechanical unit/component installation.
- Ready to participate in item installation modification discussions.
- Ability to work independently on build and installation activities following instruction.
- Experience of general workshop environment.
- Ability to understand and discuss information across a large multidiscipline teamed.
- Capable of acquiring tracked vehicle licence if required and training provided.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience of Vehicle Owner
- Experience undertaking electrical interface fault diagnosis such as continuity testing using standard lab equipment.
- Experience of working on defence programmes, preferably within an armoured vehicle engineering environment.
- Experience of tracked armoured fighting vehicle maintenance with standard tools and test equipment.
- A broad understanding of standard systems found within an armoured vehicle.
- Familiarity of current British Army Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
- Tracked vehicle operator training would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opoprtunity for Vehicle Owner to get there foot in the door of a globally recgonised organision, make sure you apply so you don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the position of Vehicle Owner must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.