|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35000 - £65000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Air Safety & Airworthiness Engineer
£35,000 - £65,000 + Bonus and Benefits.
Various locations across the UK are available for these positions.
We are looking to recruit a number of Air Safety & Airworthiness Engineers to join a well-established and successful team within one of my longest standing clients.
The successful candidates will be able to work with clients (MoD, Design Organisations, Original Equipment Manufacturers and Supply Chain) to provide Air Safety and Airworthiness support for new and in-service air systems.
The successful candidate will work with clients (both direct to MOD and within the supply chain) to provide safety support throughout the life-cycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. The majority of our work is focused on providing assurance that new systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements. There are a wide variety of projects across Maritime, Land and Air domains, ranging from small equipment through to large and complex systems and platforms.
The majority of the work will be within the military air environment focussed on providing assurance through the creation of Safety and Certification artefacts or assessment of compliance against regulation and standards. The variety of projects is interesting and constantly changing across military fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, conventional civil aircraft and emerging civil and space technologies, including unmanned aerial systems (UAS). With a strong technical background, the successful candidate will lead and manage projects and identify, develop and capture new opportunities.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A degree in an Engineering, Safety or related subject; or similar experience gained through previous employment in the air sector;
- Be CEng/IEng accredited or have a desire to work towards it with mentored professional support and development provided;
Desirable additional requirements:
- Experience of development of airworthiness strategies and delivery of type certification programmes;
- Understanding of the Military and/or Civil Airworthiness and Air Safety Regulation and design standards;
- Understanding of safety assessment and analysis techniques;
- Experience of fixed wing, rotary wing and UAS/RPAS type certification basis definition and certification evidence assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good business acumen;
- Technical Leadership.
Personal development is an important aspect of our clients ethos and successful candidates will have access to professional development opportunities, training opportunities and professional conferences to attend.
We are able to offer an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.