|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: Up to £1 per hour + Rate can be discussed on application|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 13 days ago|
My Client is looking for an Aircraft Engineer to join them at their Bedford site on a 6 month contract basis.
Specific Job Description
To support a team of aircraft engineers with servicing, maintenance, repair, modification and handling of aircraft. Assist with general duties associated with maintaining the facilities, hangar and ground support equipment. Assist the Chief Aircraft Engineer with general day to day operations of the maintenance organisation. Follow procedures, processes and standards in the aircraft engineering hangar and workshop environments.
- To work closely with the team of aircraft engineers.
- To provide routine maintenance to a certified standard and manufacturers maintenance manuals on various types of aircraft.
- To assist and support inspections and defective rectifications on all types of aircraft.
- To assist the Chief Aircraft Engineer in general day to day operations including the movement of aircrafts within the hangar.
- To effectively assist in the maintenance of hangar facilities and ground support equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by management
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience within an aircraft engineering environment essential.
- Good working knowledge of IT and aviation software packages.
- Working knowledge of technical safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Working knowledge of EASA and ISO certified standards, not essential.
- Familiarisation of Manufacturers Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
- Diverse knowledge of aircrafts, not essential.
- Mechanical Aerospace Engineering BTEC National Certificate, HND, HNC, NVQ or equivalent.
- Up to date personal engineering log book