|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
My client is looking for an Airworthiness Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airworthiness Manager in delivering the Airworthiness functional governance across the company's site in Dorset.
As a key team member of the Airworthiness team and acting as Airworthiness Engineer, you will liaise with the Integrated Project Teams, Product Design and Production areas to ensure that the company's equipment design is 'fit for operational use in the air'. The role is required to apply Airworthiness governance from the start of the design lifecycle stage through to maintaining continued Airworthiness in-service to ensure that appropriate considerations have been made and that specific customer/legislative requirements have been met.
As an Airworthiness Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Design Certification experience within an Aerospace organisation, Part 21 experience highly desirable.
- Reporting and working to aerospace standards including MAA/CAA/FAA and Part 145.
- Professional registration (eg. CEng/ IEng) or desire to progress to this level of qualification.
- Product design background within an Aerospace organisation.
- Previous OEM aircraft operations experience.
- Aircraft Safety knowledge
- Previous Stakeholder management
As an Airworthiness Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide airworthiness assessments to support and guide design development, modification and equipment failure investigation. Assist in the development and delivery of the Engineering Airworthiness capability, including maintenance and update of company control procedures.
- Undertake shop floor audits to measure 'as built hardware standard' against 'as certified design standard'.
- Provide airworthiness support (assessment/author) and DDP certification to support airworthiness of the company's equipment designs.
- Generate Occurrence Reports to MAA/CAA/FAA/etc as appropriate
- Undertake audit of the compnay's Quality Management and airworthiness management systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Airworthiness Engineer to progress within their career, so please apply quickly to be considered!
Please note that all applicants for the Airworthiness Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.