|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum + Salary advertised on application|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 17 days ago|
My Client is looking for a Airworthiness Engineer to join them in Bedford. You will be working as part of the EASA/CAA/DAOS approved Design Organisation within the Airborne Systems Group (ASG), this role supports the Office of Airworthiness in the production of design certification documentation, leading to the certification of modifications and repairs in accordance with EASA, CAA or DAOS requirements. Specific initial duties relate to the work that will enable a Permit to Fly to be obtained for a hybrid-electric aircraft conversion, as a step towards certification.
- Produce certification documentation in accordance with company procedures, supporting the approval of modifications and repairs to civil and military aircraft. To include the compilation of modification classification forms and compliance matrices against the applicable certification basis, special conditions and requirements for each project.
- Production of basic technical publications and supplements to support continued airworthiness, where required.
- Interact effectively with all members of the design, stress, airworthiness and project management teams.
- Liaise with customers and with the EASA/CAA/FAA regulatory authorities as required.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance the job specification.
- Ensure that all work is performed in a timely manner to allow certification to be completed to schedule.
- Any other duties as needed or required by the business. Such other relevant duties may be assigned by the Manager in agreement with you. Such agreement should not be unreasonably withheld.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- You have a legal duty, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that you do not endanger yourself or anyone else by your acts or omissions. In addition, you must cooperate with the health and safety matters and must not interfere or misuse anything provided for health, safety and welfare purposes.
- You are responsible for applying Equal Opportunities Policy in your general conduct.
- You have a responsibility to promote high levels of customer care within your own areas of work.
- You are expected to participate in the performance review process, engaging in the setting of objectives in order to assist in monitoring your performance and development with your line manager.
- To be guided by and demonstrate values, principles and code of business conduct in all working activities and promoting them to others.
- You may, with reasonable notice, be required to work at any of the sites.
- You have the responsibility to engage with the commitment to delivering value for money services that optimise the use of resources and therefore should consider this when undertaking all duties and aspects of your role.
Click apply now to be considered!