|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £1 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a globally recognised electronics engineering company who specialise in designing and developing complex systems for maritime and airborne application within defence and commercial sectors.
Purpose of the Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager:
The Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager ensures that the Safety Management System (SMS) implemented is appropriate for the task across all of their functions and that their Airworthiness accreditations are controlled and maintained.
Some of the main duties the Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager will include:
Accountable for ensuring that:
- The Safety Management System is fit for purpose, correctly implemented and reviewed and agreed with the SMT.
- The SMT is aware of the requirements for implementation of the Safety Management System and reporting on its health.
- The Safety Risk associated with all products is assessed, monitored and reported; informing the SMT as necessary.
Responsible for ensuring that:
- Strategic direction for the Safety and Airworthiness department is determined and communicated to those responsible for its implementation and support.
- DAOS accreditation is controlled and maintained.
- Strategic guidance is provided to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on the safety and environmental matters.
- Liaising with Engineering Director to ensure that all safety and environmental requirements are met within projects and products.
- Liaison with Materials, Production and QA to ensure all products meet the design intent.
- The processes and procedures are determined, and periodically reviewed, to ensure that they continue to meet the relevant company safety, environmental and airworthiness policies and maintain 2nd and 3rd party accreditations
- Airworthiness of airborne products is under continual review, utilising established reporting mechanisms, and reporting issues to customers if they arise.
What you need to be the successful Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager:
- Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Chartered Engineer
- Professional Registration (e.g. MIET)
- Knowledge of the relevant safety standards / legislation for electronics systems design
- Knowledge of the relevant environmental standards / legislation for electronics systems design, such as BS EN 61010-1: 2010 and BS EN 61508-1: 2010
- Knowledge of common defence standards, especially safety management standards including DEF STAN 00-056, POSMS, POEMS, Mil Std 882
- Knowledge of Safety case development in accordance with DSA(.01)(JSP430) / JSP520 / JSP454 / MAA RAs
- Knowledge of DSA regulations and requirements for management of Safety and Environmental risks
- Knowledge of Airworthiness standards and accreditation including DAOS and Def Stan 00-970
- Knowledge of fundamental project management practices (e.g. Planning estimating, risk management et al).
- Demonstrable experience of applying safety management standard to system design.
- Experience of team management
- Experience of acting as an independent member of project safety committees
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Airworthiness Manager / Aeronautical Manager to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.