|Location: Cheadle, Cheshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Algorithm Developer needed
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Based in Cheadle
I am looking to recruit candidates from the below skill sets:
- Sonar and Maritime Geospatial
- Sonar and Fusion
- Sonar and AI
Currently I'm recruiting for multiple Algorithm Developer to join my client's agile and dynamic team at the forefront of UK maritime data exploitation and processing. This opportunity would suit a highly motivated and skilled professional with extensive algorithm development experience within a relevant field. The role requires a flexible and proactive approach founded on technical competence, domain understanding, problem solving, leadership, teamwork and the ability to create and communicate a vision.
Key responsibilities for the successful Algorithm Developer:
- Whilst the role will undertake a wide variety of tasks, candidates with relevant experience of Oceanography, Maritime Geospatial data exploitation and Geographical Information System development are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Technically leading the development of compelling, collaborative solutions and associated bid documents for Customer Funded R&D Programmes.
- Technically leading the delivery of tasks, work packages and projects with a focus on delivery to time, budget and quality.
- Technically leading the production of reports, presentations and scientific papers to demonstrate and promote new innovation internally and externally.
- Undertaking a wide variety of tasks, including the development of sonar processing algorithms, development of AI solutions, development of data fusion and tracking algorithms, research studies, performance prediction and trials analysis.
- Technically lead the development of Maritime Geospatial Capabilities ensuring that environmental understanding and exploitation is central to all Maritime Mission System solutions
Required skills and qualifications for the successful Algorithm Developer
- Experience to what the job involves is essential.
- Ideally qualified to PhD in Mathematical or relevant scientific, engineering or computing with relevant skills and experience - Min requirement MSc or MMath with significant Algorithm development experience. Oceanography or Geospatial related subjects at Undergraduate or Postgraduate level will be an advantage.
- Matlab or equivalent knowledge is essential. Experience in MS Word and PowerPoint essential. Familiarity with a software language such as C/C++ and an understanding of object oriented principles is highly desirable.
- Experience of technically leading bids, customer engagement and project delivery is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UK In-Service Sonars and Maritime Capabilities is desirable.
- Applications are encouraged from all backgrounds including non-defence and non-maritime professionals.
- Applicants must be sole UK Nationals with the ability to achieve high level UK Government Clearance
- Evidence of technical report writing, presentation preparation and generation and presentation/communication skills for papers, seminars, conferences etc is highly desirable.
Please note that all candidates must be able to obtain high level Government clearance.