|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Analytical Business Advisor
Analytical Business Advisor needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Analytical Business Advisor who will be responsible for developing predictive cost models to forecast the technical schedule, and performance cost risk associated with large programs. Using the internal processes to analyse cost trend data, risk assessment parameters, financial parameters, parametric estimates, and other risk/cost factors.
The successful Analytical Business Advisor will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension plan
- Career progression
- Life assurance
- 9-day fortnight
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Analytical Business Advisor will include:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engagement with stakeholders to understand relevant programmatic, financial, schedule, technical and risk data to develop a position on business performance. The incumbent is expected to be an analytical thinker and test the validity of data before use. Coordinate direct contact with key program personnel within the business.
- Analysis: Develop predictive cost models to forecast the technical, schedule, and performance cost risk associated with larger Ampthill programs. Using the internal processes to analyse cost trend data, risk assessment parameters, financial parameters, parametric estimates, and other risk/cost factors. Research, analyse and review databases, hardware descriptions, statements of work, vendor quotations, and other elements in developing independent estimates.
- Interpretation: The incumbent will provide a commentary around project performance results, including interpretation of key areas of performance to local and corporate leadership and implications for the business.
- Metrics: The incumbent will develop performance metrics to be used in future modelling
- Development: The incumbent will attend training and development courses as well as one to one mentoring
What you need to be the successful Analytical Business Advisor:
In order to be the successful Analytical Business Advisor and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree level Finance, Technical, Programmatic, Business, Mathematics qualification, equivalent hands on experience e.g. control account management or professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CIMA etc.
- Project or finance experience advantageous
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment would be highly desirable
- Data modelling experience would be advantageous
- Values: The applicant must be able to collate relevant data and provide an independent analysis of project performance to the business. Building trust with colleagues, behaving with integrity and independence when delivering results is essential to this role. The incumbent needs to be a self-starter and be able to rapidly change and hit priorities in response to business need.
- Data: Ability to understand project data, such as scopes of work, commercial conditions, supplier responses, scheduling and project risk etc. The incumbent must be able to process current and historical data, providing a model of project performance. Critical-thinking and an analytical approach is core to achieving these outcomes, with a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Engagement: The incumbent must be able to manage multiple stakeholders at varying levels within the business and be able to deliver to short deadlines. This includes ensuring frequent engagement. Strong presentation skills are desirable.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance and willing to undertake DV clearance in the future!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Analytical Business Advisor to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.