|Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + remote working 2/3 days a week|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
My client is looking for an Android Developer who loves what they do and wants to join a like-minded team, making applications for internationally renowned brands to delight users of all ages. For this they are paying between £40,000-£50,000 including some great benefits:
We offer flexible/remote working 2/3 days a week, a high degree of autonomy (well supported though!) and the opportunity to get involved in key business and product decisions, not just the execution.
The successful Android Developer will be enthusiastic, helpful to others, constructive in feedback and keen to do great work. While we expect candidates to be highly skilled, the desire to continue developing is as important.
As the most senior Android Developer in the organisation, you will also be responsible for nurturing more junior developers and making strategic decisions related to the platform.
Role & Responsibilities of the Android Developer
- Working with your team and the product owner to conceptualise, build, and test products
- Working closely with iOS team to maintain parity and consistency between platforms
- Contributing across the entire app life cycle -concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to stores and support Working closely with scrum manager and product owner to ensure transparency regarding workload
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimising performance for the apps Keeping up to date on latest industry trends in mobile
- Attending industry events/ conference
Skills & Experience of the Android Developer
- Understanding of common Android patterns and code structures, and their relative strengths
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system Experience using Firebase
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON, XML)
- Proven commercial software development experience
- Published examples of mobile applications Familiarity with information architecture, and ideally human computer interaction and usability design principles
- Good time & task management skills Ability to self-manage (especially when remote working)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.