|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: £38000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Application Support Engineer
Eligibility for DV clearance required
The Application Support Engineer will be joining a globally established defence company as part of their Security / Cyber division. The Application Support Engineer is expected to be involved in all aspects of the application lifecycle and hence will design application enhancements, identify the defect root causes and will assist users seeking help and guidance with supported applications.
This Engineer will report to the Lead Application Support Engineer and will liaise with both associated development teams and information assurance professionals.
On offer for the Application Support Engineer:
- Competitive salary (Up to £50,000 depending on experience)
- Benefits package that includes a Friday off every 2 weeks.
- Career progression - Will be looking to develop this candidate into a Software role further down the line.
- Deep support activities for developed applications managed through a Service Management framework.
- Resolution responsibility for Incidents, Problems and Event Service Management tickets.
- Maintenance of Business As Usual (BAU) supported applications.
- Development of application support artefacts and documentation templates.
- Software design and implementation of software enhancements.
- Ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Providing input into estimating / planning, and contribute towards ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Applying knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures including GIT and the Atlassion Suite (particularly JIRA and Confluence).
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Java, JEE, EJB3, Hibernate, JPA - JEE
- Linux OS
- Kibana, ElasticSearch
- Good communication skills.
- ITIL Foundation.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development - (Highly desirable)
- JSF (Primefaces) - (Highly desirable)
- Web Services, REST - (Highly desirable)
- XML, XSD, XSLT, JAXB - (Highly desirable)
- JBoss - (Highly desirable)
- Oracle/Relational Databases/SQL and MongoDB.
- Puppet, Chef
The Application Support Engineer will need to be eligible for DV clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.