|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Applications Development Engineer to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The successful applicant will be the key liaison between the IT Operations Manager and the IT Operations departments which includes, Programme Management Office, Applications Development and Asset Management, and will also liaise with the Global Accounting team.
- Experience of leading a variety of Application Development Projects and end-user facing service environments
- Strong experience of developing and supporting either Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases, including building and running queries, developing reports
- Strong experience of supporting Commercial Off the Shelf Products (COTS) including but not limited to Doors, Enterprise Architect, PTS Windchill
- Demonstrated knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) including user administration, upgrades and creating test scripts
- Ability to understand business work flows, create new workflows and test scripts
- Experience of working within a Service Now environment
- Experience of creating SoW, detailed system designs/documentation
- Ability to manage and focus team on agreed priorities, under pressure and to SLA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and strong can do approach, team motivator
- Strong track record of delivering projects to design, on time and on budget including completing documentation
- Delivery orientated team player
- Experience of managing a small team
- Proven ability to embrace and display Full Spectrum leadership attributes and behaviours
- Experience of C# or ASP.NET
- ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation
- Experience of working within secure and export controlled environments
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.