|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joshua Bath|
Architectural Technician | Horsham | Residential Developer
I am currently working on behalf of a progressive niche house builder who are looking to recruit an Architectural Technician to join their team near Horsham.
The Architectural Technician will be office based, reporting to the Technical Director.
The main purpose of the the Architectural Technician is to produce detailed architectural construction drawings and information from the approved planning drawings to enable full procurement and construction of residential developments ranging in size from 5 to 1000 units.
The Architectural Technician will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- Produce detailed working drawings including plans, sections, elevations, details etc.
- Produce, develop and review specifications
- Liaise with and input relevant information from other consultants and suppliers
- Ensure the timely provision of production information to the project team
- Review technical information for best value engineered solutions and compliance with the specification and current standards.
- Liaise with Building Control body to achieve Building Control Approval
- Liaise with specialist suppliers and comment on their designs to ensure fully co-ordinated and specification compliant information
The ability to be flexible and undertake such other duties as they arise to ensure a successful conclusion of the development will be a key skill of the Architectural Technician.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD LT
- Knowledge of general residential construction methods
- Knowledge of UK Building Regulations and NHBC Standards
- Good IT skills with competency at Microsoft Office/Excel
- Suitably qualified to relevant HNC, HND or Degree level
- An ability to deliver the highest standards of service
- An ability to achieve against demanding time and quality targets
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- A willingness to attend training courses and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks
- To hold a full clean driving licence
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Architectural Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.