|Location: West Sussex, England||Salary: £13.00 - £14 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Liz Collins|
- Mechanical fitting skills
- Basic electrical skills
- Cable routing and fitting of electrical and electronic instrumentation
- Handling and fitting of UHV components
- Handling and assembly of precision UHV components
- Handling and assembly of precision mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers and programs
- UHV helium leak checking
- Computer skills - Outlook, MS word and Excel
- Ability to follow specific build and test procedures
- Advantage software
- Timely completion and delivery of pre test research systems (including the mechanical assembly of systems and connection of electronics rack, first pump and bake out), to a high standard of quality using agreed standard procedures as detailed in the appropriate SOP (standard operation procedures).
- Reconnection of research systems to electronic rack after instrument load, second bake out and connection of all instrumentation and power supplies to be ready to hand over to final test after completion of initial set up and test.
- Timely completion and delivery of K Alpha machines from the mechanical assembly, bake, final test and final packing to a high standard of quality using agreed standard procedures as detailed in the appropriate SOP.
- Notification and correction of all errors in the process, parts and documentation
- Working effectively to increase efficiency to reduce cycle times and to increase quality of the systems/products
- Identify and suggest improvements to problems as they arise and notify the relevant parties immediately
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures and practices outlined in the company's Health and Safety policy are adhered to at all times
- To work in a safe and controlled manner minimizing any risk to yourself and others working in close proximity
- Assist other departments when requested by your line manager to achieve & improve the overall company objectives and efficiencies
- Help to define and follow test procedures and checklists (K Alpha)
- Working with the team towards the longer term targets and goals of the department
- To support and participate in 5S activities, as required
- To utilize the visual management boards and be the lead participant in the daily Gemba report outs, as required
- To contribute and participate on PPI and Lean initiatives to help drive down both the waste and variation in our processes
- See more at: http://www.goldgroup.co.uk/#sthash.bCcaII7Q.dpuf
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.