|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £26000 - £27500 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Assembly Technician to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Competent technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction. Competent and safe use of all hand and air tools. Hand and Mag Drill techniques. Use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies Problem solver with a positive attitude. Working with support from engineering group a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware.
- A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting skills with previous experience in similar roles.
- Ability to interpret drawings and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical assembly or equivalent or through work experience gained on the job.
- Cleanliness and housekeeping (5S) methodology.
- A high level of health and safety awareness.
- Previous experience in armoured vehicle assembly and maintenance or heavy plant equipment.
- Prototype/low volume experience
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.