|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: Up to £20 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Assembly Technician needed - Based in Bedfordshire - Paying up to £20 per hour - Initial 6 month contract
Currently I am recruiting for a skilled Assembly Technician to join a market leading Defence company who are globally recognised for their innovative products and services. This contract position will allow the successful candidate to be involved in some of the UK' most advanced and exciting projects.
Required skills for the successful Assembly Technician:
- A comprehensive range of assembly and fitting skills with previous experience in similar roles.
- Ability to interpret drawings and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical assembly or equivalent or through work experience gained on the job.
- Cleanliness and housekeeping (5S) methodology.
- A high level of health and safety awareness
Desired skills for the successful Assembly Technician:
- Previous experience working on armoured fighting vehicles with electrical and mechanical bias
The successful Assembly Technician must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)