|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £20 - £24 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Assembly Technician needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Assembly Technician with an in-depth knowledge of IPC 620 standards, ability to read and work from technical drawings and schematics, assembly of cables and installation to drawing, schematics and engineering instructions including prototype builds, and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assembly Technician will include cable and harness manufacture, rework and modifications, working in line with IPC 620 standards and using Raychem system 25.
What you need to be the successful Assembly Technician:
In order to be the successful Assembly Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- IPC 620 certified electrical assembly technicians
- An understanding of Raychem Systems Type 25
- Ability to read and work from technical drawings and schematics
- Soldering and crimping
- Cable terminations
- Assembly of harness boards
- Some basic point to point testing
- Assembly of cables and installation to drawing, schematics and engineering instructions including prototype builds
- Ability to work accurately and with minimal supervision on prototype manufacture
- Teamwork and good communication skills across levels and groups
- Safety orientated
- Systematic disciplined approach
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assembly Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Assembly Technician position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.