|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Assembly Technician needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Assembly Technician with an in-depth knowledge of IPC 620 & 610 as required, J - STD - 001 soldering standard, and must be able to get full SC Clearance with no restrictions.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assembly Technician will include:
- Receive Job Package and review
- Prioritise build sequence
- Ensure all work is of a high standard
- Build job from all the relevant information provided e.g. GA'S, Cct diagrams, Wiring schedules
- Recognise and work around shortage problems
- Experienced in specialist tooling
- To have the ability to work unsupervised
- To undertake the build of first off / prototype equipment and liaise with Engineering to achieve optimum solutions
- Liaise with Engineering re: any design change/rectification
- Liaise with QA department on standards, i.e. Engineering Manual, preferred components, workmanship standards
- Liaise with Material Control re: component/material problems
- To work with Test / Engineering to resolve problems as they occur
- To operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to plum pipe work etc, for water cooled rectifiers
- To create fault sheets
- Working off site as and when required
- To be available to work two shift patterns as and when required
What you need to be the successful Assembly Technician:
In order to be the successful Assembly Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Apprentice trained or appropriate equivalent experience in a comparable role within a similar industry
- Minimum five years previous experience allied to a proven ability to correctly interpret manufacturing information and carry out related self- inspection tasks
- Flexibility, motivation and commitment
- Knowledge of internal and ISO9001; 2015 Quality systems
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing management techniques
- Awareness of Health & Safety requirements
- GCSE Grade C Math's & English or equivalent at grade A*-C/9-4
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to get full SC Clearance with no restrictions
Preferred but not essential:
- IPC 620 & 610 as required.
- J - STD - 001 soldering standard.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assembly Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Assembly Technician position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.