|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Assembly Test Technician
RF High Voltage Power Sector
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend etc
Salary - £25,000 to £35,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for an Assembly Test Technician to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting and rewarding career with progression opportunities around every corner if you really want it.
I'm looking for an electromechanical biased technician to join the engineering test, compliance and integration team. You will work with a team of engineers designing, documenting and verifying to develop the next generation of RF Power products and processes.
You will cover many disciplines ranging from prime power distribution systems, power electronics' switching, mechanical design, build and Integration, industrial process controllers and high power radio frequency (RF) products and technologies.
Some of the main duties of the Assembly Test Technician will include:
- Fabrication and integration of sub-system components and prototype / experimental systems - covering mechanical construction and electrical / electronic assembly / wiring.
- Evaluating prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- Producing test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
In order to be the successful Assembly Test Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC / HND / NVQ Level 3 (BTEC) in electrical / electronic engineering or able to demonstrate equivalent industrial experience / knowledge
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- The ability to take on technical work packages with minimal supervision
- A good grasp of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques
- Experience of electromechanical fabrication / assembly / design
- Familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assembly Test Technician to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!