|Location: Isle of Man||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Gaming, Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Allard||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Job title: Assistant financial controller
Following a merger in early 2020, our client is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business they manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
Supporting the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the Finance Department, together with preparing annual budgets, forecasts and delivering high quality management information.
- Assisting in the preparation of month end accounts, financial reporting and variance analysis
- Assisting in the preparation of forecast income statements
- Assisting in managing the annual budgetary process in line with the Group timetable
- Assisting with the annual audit and production of the financial statements
- Management, preparation and submission of VAT filings and ensuring compliant with all VAT requirements
- Identifying control and procedural inefficiencies, managing change and implementing processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function and the Isle of Man business as a whole
- Controlling fee earners' aged receivables and work in progress
- Ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as requested by the Financial Controller
- Monitoring of billing statistics on a regular basis
- Preparation and submission of EU Sales list to be completed by 14 days after quarter end
- Client account interest calculations
- Monthly review of unbilled disbursements
- Signing off of petty cash, bank reconciliations and client reconciliations
- Processing of client detail amendments on systems
knowledge, skills and experience
- ACCA qualified or part qualified
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Uses initiative and works without the need for constant supervision
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients/colleagues and exercises discretion and confidentiality in all matters
- Highly organised team player who is a self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible and dedicated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.