|Location: London, England||Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Assistant Legal Counsel
London (Canary Wharf)
Currently looking for an Assistant Legal Counsel to join one of the largest Financial Services Companies in the World, with a presence of over 50 countries in the world.
- You will be qualified solicitor with at least 3 years PQE
- You will be experienced in working in Asset Management of Corporate Lending, either working in an in-house environment or within private practice
Some of the main duties of the Assistant Legal Counsel will include:
- Located in London, you will provide legal advice and conduct legal review and negotiation of the commercial terms of private placements, bank loans and other debt investment transactions and will also support the on-going administration of such transactions, including amendments, consents and restructurings.
- Support the London investments team with issues related to insurance company regulatory limits and investments governance issues.
- Refer other investments-related issues and matters pertaining to real estate and alternatives investments to fellow Investments Section attorneys having specialized expertise or responsibility as appropriate.
- Support special projects, such as new investment initiatives and MetLife business initiatives as assigned.
Skills and qualifications required as an Assistant Legal Counsel:
- Experience of working in Asset Management or Corporate Lending environment is required
- The ideal candidate should be able function independently and create partnerships with a broad range of investments professionals.
- The candidate should also be able to demonstrate leadership through motivating people and supporting and fostering talent in others.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience is preferable in the areas of corporate private placements and bank loans as well as strong academic credentials and communication and writing skills.
- A law degree or equivalent qualification is required