|Location: Winchester, Hampshire||Salary: £18.00 - £21.00 per hour|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Assistant Project Engineer - Highways
Reporting to: Senior Project Engineer
Job Duration: 6 Months + or Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary Range (Dependant on experience and skillset): £18 - £21 per hour or if permanent £25,000 - £30,000
Working for a main contractor on one of the most prestigious Highways projects in the country.
The Assistant Project Engineer Role:
The Assistant Project Engineer, based at Easton Lane, will assist with activities relating to the study, design and/or construction of Highway Maintenance schemes to the Clients requirements.
Tasks/Responsibilities of The Assistant Project Engineer:
* Assistance in design of elements for motorway and trunk roads projects, valued at up to £5m.
* Plan, organise and co-ordinate own workload for the team including other disciplines
* Assist with project administration
* Prepare specifications and schedules
* Meet targeted deadlines
* Provide solutions to design & construction problems
* Ensure compliance with Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and CDM procedures
* Provide support & guidance to design & delivery teams
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience of a Assistant Project Engineer:
* Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering.
* Ideally some experience of working within a Civil Engineering design environment, preferably on a high speed Network.
* Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Good communicator, both orally and in writing.
* Able to work with minimum supervision.
If you are interested then please get in touch! They are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.