|Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Liz Collins||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Assistant QS / Operations Manager
An Assistant QS / Operations Manager is needed to provided contractual and commercial support to the senior management team, throughout the lifecycle of operations. This is a development role with the intention to progress into the senior management team. Specialising in improving and renewing the essential infrastructure and assets that are crucial to the smooth running of the water and waste-water industries. There will also be a requirement to assist with operations on occasion where necessary.
Paying a basic salary c£40K. Benefits include Car Allowance (Cash Back), pension. Personal development and promotion within the Company.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant QS / Operations Manager will include:
- Assist managers and senior engineers to ensure the efficient and successful completion of projects within the necessary timescale to meet the needs of the client
- Provide commercial advice and support both on site and during client meetings
- Costing and quoting various projects as required, particularly those outside normal contract specifications
- Provide technical expertise, where necessary
- Liaise with clients to ensure the highest customer service standards are met or exceeded
- Obtain feedback from customers on various aspects of the service including value, quality safety and communications.
- Maintain accurate records of all values, costs, productivity and profitability
- Recommend improvements to working practices
- Assist in the mobilisation stage of a service contract, where necessary
What you need to be the successful Assistant QS / Operations Manager:
- Ability to absorb new information quickly
- Excellent time management skills, together with good verbal and written communications skills.
- The Assistant QS / Operations Manager should be happy to follow agreed procedures but also be able to look for and recommend improvements where necessary
- Be able to lead, work with and manage people effectively. Having experience of a "men in vans" environment and understand what is required to deal with operatives and sub-contractors.
- Be commercially minded - understand how to deliver a project to time, cost and quality
- Have a "can do" attitude and be prepared to get hands on involved in resolving problems when required
- Complete audits and/or survey and reports at operational depots and work sites as required in the following areas;
Site Audits, Survey and Report Writing
Employee and Sub-Contractor Audits
- As an Assistant QS / Operations Manager, previous exposure to the Water Industry in a supervisory or even management, operating environment, would be advantageous.
- IOSH Managing Safely, SSSTS / SMSTS certification ideally, or be prepared to accommodate specific induction training.
- QS or finance related degree would be an advantage but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant QS / Operations Manager able to work to a budget, see problems as a challenge. There are opportunities for personal development and promotion within the Company. If this sounds like your next challenge. Make an application. You will receive a call to discuss your technical strengths and career objectives.