|Location: Morden, Surrey||Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlotte Basset||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Morden (Surrey) - Traditional Housing
Position: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits package
Assistant Quantity Surveyor required for a new build residential site comprising of apartments, houses and maisonettes of traditional construction. My client is looking for someone able to prepare and issue subcontract enquiries or trade packages including taking off quantities from drawings. The ability to evaluate materials on site and issue payment to subcontractors on the finance system will be essential. The ideal person will be able to maintain and continuously improve commercial/legal and contractual awareness and ensure the clients way of working and the processes incorporated therein are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines. You may also be required to work in one or more locations as required.
The project values at £13m and is a mix of all new build apartments, houses and maisonettes that will be housing ex service personnel.
My client has tripled profits and released strong results for the financial year and are passionate about investing in people. They offer an inspired leadership and have a great track record which is industry recognised. They will provide support and guidance and give you the opportunity to grow and not be put in the deep end straight away.
What they want:
- Good GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths and English
- Studying towards HNC, HND or BSC in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial related course
- Proficient in Microsoft office particularly Excel and keen to extend knowledge on software packages
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor able numerate to high standard, able to analyse data and produce costs and information for final accounts.
- Able to produce work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a basic legal/contractual knowledge
- Understanding of standard methods of measurement
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor with previous experience in similar role desirable
- Knowledge of Housing Sector desirable
- Valid driving licence
- CSCS card at appropriate level
If this position of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor is you, then please contact me as soon as possible.