|Location: Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes, England||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jamie Anscomb||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Assistant Shift Operator
Assistant Shift Operator needed for an Energy from Waste plant based in Milton Keynes. The facility treats up to 300,000+ tonnes of residual (non-recyclable) waste, diverting it from landfill and generating over 20MW of electricity in the process. They are looking to employ an individual who has a strong knowledge of the Energy from Waste industry or similar heavy duty environment. The Assistant Shift Operator will need to be a self-motivated individual with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills. The Assistant Shift Operator is the eyes and ears of the operation and this is a great opportunity for an individual looking to step into a senior role.
- Up to £35,000p/a + Package
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, as the Assistant Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of all production activities including the EfW high pressure boiler and steam turbine generator and all associated auxiliary plant
- First line fault diagnosis on plant
- Maintaining high standards of Quality, health and environmental in the station
- Communicating with you team to ensure everything is covered around site
- Carry out routine inspections and adjustments
- Carrying out simple analysis of steam cycle chemistry and implementing corrective actions to dosing and blowdown systems.
- Writing/amending site Operational procedures, implementing changes and improvements as required ensuring all procedures are relevant and accurate.
- Forklift driving
This is a great opportunity for an individual to step up into an Assistant Shift Operator role or an already Assistant Shift Operator in a same or similar industry looking for a change. If interested please apply as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.