|Location:||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Energy from Waste||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer
The Site Manager / Site Engineer will be the second in command to the site manager at the Wijster plant in the Netherlands. The Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the plants' uptime is optimised by taking full responsibility of the plants' maintenance aspects. The successful Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer will be Dutch speaking (and ideally fluent in English) as well as a post-graduate with practical experience in the operation and maintenance of plant machinery.
- Competitive salary
- 25 leave days per annum
- Permanent - 45 hours a week. Monday to Friday from 07:30 to 16:30
- Day shift/on-call
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer:
- Enforce Cost control measures and strive to improve pant performance.
- Oversee all daily operations with the Site Manager of the plant ensuring all policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Develop processes that will maximise stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity at the plant.
- Ensure that all the necessary steps are taken to optimise the plant's performance and product generation.
- Apply problem-solving to provide solutions to mechanical and electrical breakdowns of process equipment.
- Maintain strict health & safety standards.
- Manage and guide the team of operators and plant staff.
- Be the Key person responsible for procurement process and build strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Communicate with Head Office Support and keep an open communication channel.
- Be involved in Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- You will work closely with the commercial and engineering functions, ensuring the operation is profitable and downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Manage uptime of the plant and ensure all maintenance responsibilities are taken care off.
- Overall responsible for the Maintenance of the plant.
- Set-up Maintenance Schedules and ensure maintenance is kept-up to date.
- Track mechanical and electrical failures to determine cause of breakdowns.
The required level of experience and qualification of the Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer:
- Electrical Engineer knowledge on MV
- Certification as VOP-er (Voldoende Onderlegd Persoon)
- HSE: VCA-Vol Beneficial
- Experience working on an AD plant or Industrial food Wastewater plant is highly advantageous.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with a methodological approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work with and manage an integral part of the operations team.
This really is an opportunity not to be missed for an experienced Assistant Site Manager / Site Engineer to progress their career. If you have the skills and attributes required, please apply as soon as possible or get in touch right away to register your interest.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.