|Location: West Malling, Kent||Salary: £18000 - £20000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
West Malling, Kent
up to £20,000
This is a Monday - Friday (9am-5:30pm) with no flexy hours, so the successful candidate must be willing to work these hours.
An enthusiastic Assistant Underwriter is needed for a successful insurance organisation that is based in Kent
Purpose of the Assistant Underwriter:
Working with a team of Underwriters, you will be looking at residential and commercial underwriting of legal indemnity risks. You will work closely with Underwriters to assist in applying methodical thinking to provide an appropriate premium through accessing the risk posed with reference to their Underwriting Guide.
Benefits for the Assistant Underwriter:
Competitive salary, Pension scheme and other benefits!
Some of the main duties the Assistant Underwriter will include:
* Assisting the Express Underwriting team with administrative tasks.
* Underwriting and providing a reasonable premium based upon the risk involved.
* Drafting policy documents.
* Carrying out research tasks.
* Chasing quotations that are yet to be converted.
* Data entry on our in-house systems.
* Responding promptly & efficiently to all customers using various communication methods/systems including answering technical queries.
* Carry out all tasks in line with stipulated processes, procedures & authority limits.
* Work effectively with all stakeholders (including brokers and solicitors) to ensure risks are processed without undue delay.
What you need to be the successful Assistant Underwriter:
* A team player with strong interpersonal skills, keen with enthusiasm and drive.
* Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
* Some office/administrative experience preferably in underwriting or in a legal department.
* Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements.
* Educated to GCSE/Standard Grade level or equivalent/ILEX diploma/degree level
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Good organisation skills with ability to work to deadlines.
* Must be proactive and able to work within a team environment.
* Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate) and PowerPoint.
* Previous underwriting experience is preferred.
* Proven attention to detail.
* Ability to work within strict deadlines to ensure turnaround times are met.
Candidate will need to be versatile, well spoken, well presented, extremely organised and precise with good attention to detail and an excellent telephone manner. Candidate should preferably have underwriting experience or experience working within a legal department and experience dealing with clients by telephone, e-mails and letters.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Assistant Underwriter to progress their career within a UK leading business.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.