|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £24000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Megan Cottrell||Job Published: 30 days ago|
Assistant Underwriter - Graduate
Salary: up to £28,000
An enthusiastic Law Graduate with a keen interest in Insurance is needed for a successful insurance organisation that is based in Central London. Our client is looking for an Assistant Underwriter.
Purpose of the Assistant Underwriter:
You will work closely with the Lead Underwriter and all other Underwriters, to provide specialist underwriting and product development expertise to facilitate the profitable growth of the business' book of business. The role will require the ability to collaborate effectively with all Lead Underwriters to underwrite the wide variety of risks likely to be seen.
Benefits for the Assistant Underwriter:
Competitive salary, Pension scheme and career progression!
Some of the main duties the Assistant Underwriter will include:
* Work with the Lead Underwriter to analyse business opportunities (submissions) received and to ensure that these are underwritten in accordance with CLS' underwriting standards.
* Underwrite appropriate cases within own areas of authority and ability
* Work with the Lead Underwriter to develop new, and enhance existing, policy wordings
* Assist with the training and development of Underwriting Assistant and supervise risks underwritten by Underwriting Assistant
* Evaluation of business opportunities and articulation of the positive and negative elements that determine the decision to accept or reject them.
* Work with the Lead Underwriter to develop the Job Holder's own knowledge and to assist in the development of knowledge of other team members.
* Attend client meetings.
* Attend and take part in Broker presentations.
What you need to be the successful Assistant Underwriter:
* Good understanding of insurance risks and ability to learn quickly
* Law degree
* A keen interest in progressing within the Insurance sector
* Ability to present confidently and competently at all levels of interaction with clients/brokers /advisors and underwriters (capacity providers), displaying complete understanding of the opportunity rationale for writing the risk.
* Demonstrate ability to prioritise and time manage opportunities where response times are critical and deadlines very narrow.
* Working knowledge of data rooms and ability to read and understand environmental reports. Demonstrate a strong analytical mind to be able to evaluate business opportunities.
* Demonstrate a high level of diligence, attention to detail and tenacity.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Law Graduate to progress their career within a UK leading business.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.