|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Associate Director - Rail Project Director
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
You will be in charge of huge exciting projects and it'll be your responsibility to ensure successful delivery of the client's design commissions for their major clients, for example:
Contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Current multidisciplinary projects include:
Transpennine Route Upgrade - West of Leeds, major remodelling / enhancement GRIP 5-8 schemes with contractors and numerous GRIP Stage 1-4 commissions for Network Rail, HS2 Ltd, Merseytravel, TfGM and TfN.
Associate Director - Rail Project Director's key duties:
- Focusing on the client relationship, technically excellent delivery and commercial success.
- Presenting at client meetings, winning new work, reviewing the work and steering the delivery of that work.
- Ensuring that legal, commercial and project risk and project selection risk are well understood and managed in the team.
- Working as part of the Rail leadership team, developing and implementing the strategy and vision for our Rail Business, supporting greater integration of the client's work across the UK and beyond.
- Expanding the Rail business' capabilities through selective recruitment to support the objectives of the Rail Business Plan.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key clients and emphasising client relationship focus with the team.
- Keeping up-to-date with market developments, anticipating market changes, and assessing opportunities for the expansion of services.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders on our projects, identifying their strategic project priorities in order to position the client for future work.
- Developing a positive industry profile in this market for the client and specifically for the Rail business.
- Promoting and communicating the client's values and setting standards of behaviour and accountability for staff in relation to those values.
- Developing, mentoring and coaching staff, ensuring that new team skills are developed in relation to new market opportunities.
- Promoting and encouraging excellence and quality of work in all activities performed by the Rail team.
- Mentoring and appraising key managers and ensuring that all staff receive regular appraisals and feedback.
Requirements and Skills for the Associate Director:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area.
- Relevant industry experience within a rail design environment.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies.
Essential Skills and Knowledge for the Associate Director:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in Rail Design project delivery and the wider Rail Industry.
- Comfortable developing, winning and leading the delivery of multidisciplinary Rail Design projects at all GRIP Stages, overseeing diverse multidisciplinary teams.
- A strong professional profile, reputation and active client network in the Rail Industry.
- Track record of looking forward and anticipating future issues which will affect clients, combined with the ability to translate this information into projects.
- Proven experience leading and developing the skills, capabilities and diversity of multidisciplinary teams.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of the economic aspects, funding aspects, planning issues and business benefits of transport and rail planning.
- Proven successful commercial, operational and business capability.
- An awareness and interest in major transport issues, emerging priorities and critical issues, as part of a wider rail agenda.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.