|Location: London, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Associate Tunnelling Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Excellent benefits package!
We have a new opportunity for an excellent Associate Tunnelling Engineer to join a multidisciplinary organisation where they are in charge of delivering some of the world's largest infrastructure projects.
About the Associate Tunnelling Engineer Role:
Our client, who is known globally for their large projects have a tunnelling team in London full with experienced tunnelling engineers who carry out the full range of design service for road, rail, water and utility tunnels.
With ongoing work for tunnelling on the York Potash project and HS2 and additional work on Cross Rail 2, the Tunnelling team is looking for senior individuals to support the increase in work load of the team.
The Associate Tunnelling Engineer will have:
- Have several years managing and delivering large infrastructure jobs (especially in a design and build environment)
- Experienced on both traditional and mechanised technologies in tunnelling.
- Good understanding of numerical modelling and rock mechanics is also advantageous.
- This person will be a key team member for technical development of the team and client relationship and will be expected to grow into a more senior role within a few years from appointment.
What the Associate Tunnelling Engineer will be doing:
- Responsible for project management and delivery
- Providing technical guidance to delivery team
- Project and team administration duties
- Producing project related correspondence and deliverables
- Working with clients and contractors
- Co-ordinating work with other disciplines
- Managing and assisting bids for new work
Key Skills and qualifications the Associate Tunnelling Engineer will have:
- BEng in Civil Engineering or a BSc in Geological Sciences supplemented by an MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics or Structural Engineering
- Working knowledge of industry standard software for tunnelling and structural design
- Able to demonstrate strong design ability and engineering skills and knowledge
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.