|Location: Lewes, East Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
Audit Manager, Lewes. An innovative Accountancy firm are seeking an Audit Manager for their developing Audit team.
Benefits: Competitive salary, pension, cash plan scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday.
Main duties of the Audit Manager will include:
- Manage a varied & interesting portfolio of clients across a range of sectors
- Manage the audit process from planning through to completion ensuring an appropriate team is assigned on each assignment
- Undertake non-audit assignments, including accounts preparation and VAT/tax computations
- Prepare & manage a job to meaningful & realistic budgets
- Assist in the collection of client fees
- Demonstrate full utilisation of relevant software
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in specialist area
- Understand the client's business and manage each job to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
- To be influential in the management and development of the Audit team & trainees, conducting regular 1:2:1's and appraisals to facilitate effective and continuous development and to coordinate any on the job training of staff
- Identifying other service needs of clients and potential cross-selling opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and business development with new clients
- Sharing best practice and ideas within the team for process improvement and development of each other.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with clients
- Report directly to Partners on planning & progress of jobs
- Remain informed about legislative, technical & regulatory changes and share knowledge amongst the team
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
What you need to be the successful Audit Manager:
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Substantial recent experience in an Audit capacity with advanced technical knowledge of Audit & Accounting standards
- Previous knowledge and experience of the charities and academy sector
- Previous experience of managing own portfolio or able to demonstrate readiness to do so
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring staff
- Knowledge of accounting systems and control environments within a finance function.
- Working knowledge of accounting software including Sage and Xero, previous use of CCH and caseware would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills (including vlookup, sumif and Pivot Tables).
- The role is not exclusively office based, therefore the ability to drive and access to your own transport to travel to client sites will be necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience Audit manager. If you interest please don't hesitate apply. For more information please contact Kelly.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.