|Location: Lewes, East Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kelly Jempson||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Audit Senior, Lewes. An innovative Accountancy firm are seeking an Audit Senior for their developing Audit team.
Benefits: Competitive salary, pension, cash plan scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday.
Main duties of the Audit Senior will include:
- Take a lead on the audit process from planning through to completion ensuring an appropriate team is assigned on each assignment
- Undertake non-audit assignments, including accounts preparation and VAT/tax computations
- Prepare a job to meaningful & realistic budgets, liaising with Manager if there are any issues
- Assist in the collection of client fees as required
- Demonstrate good utilisation of relevant software
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in specialist area
- Demonstrate an awareness & some understanding of the client's business and manage each job to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
- Assists in the development of others, particularly trainees through providing thoughtful feedback on jobs, offering coaching and support as necessary and supporting the Manager with useful, constructive feedback as appropriate
- Identifying other service needs of clients and potential cross-selling opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and business development with new clients
- Sharing best practice and ideas within the team for process improvement and development of each other.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with clients
- Effectively manages Partner and Manager expectations, communicating regularly on progress of jobs
- Remain informed about legislative, technical & regulatory changes and share knowledge amongst the team
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
What you need to be the successful Audit Senior:
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Recent experience in an Audit capacity with a good level of technical knowledge of Audit & Accounting standards
- Previous knowledge and experience of the charities and academy sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of taking the lead on Audit's and supervising/mentoring staff when out on jobs
- Knowledge of accounting systems and control environments within a finance function.
- Working knowledge of accounting software including Sage and Xero, previous use of CCH and caseware would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills (including vlookup, sumif and Pivot Tables).
- The role is not exclusively office based, therefore the ability to drive and access to your own transport to travel to client sites will be necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience Audit Senior. If you interest please don't hesitate apply. For more information please contact Kelly.