|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Authorised Person required for one of the largest and most established defence companies in the world, based in Southend-on-Sea. They are looking for someone to join their Environmental Test Centre, to plan and develop safe systems of work for activities in relation to the specialist discipline.
The succesful candidate for the Authorised Person will have at least 5 years' experience in a similar position, and have an AP Certificate in either HV/LV electrical or mechanical systems.
All applicants for this Maintenance Administrator position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
Specific responsibilites for Authorised Person:
- Plan and develop safe systems of work for activities in relation to the specialist discipline / area
- Provide professional expertise in the relevant discipline(s) / subject matters; sharing knowledge / understanding with the region's AP resource & SITE Engineering, Technical & Project teams. .
- Ensure adoption and application of the required safe systems of work; including relevant statutory compliance, across the site
- Monitor & review performance, tracking trends & escalating any issues / concerns / obstacles to the Senior Authorised Person
- Maintain knowledge / awareness of developments / changes in legislation, standards & innovation in respect of the discipline
- Ensure work is prioritised appropriately
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee and manage contractors on site; monitoring & ensuring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
- Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements & additional requirements to FM / Business leads, as appropriate
Essential skills and qualifications needed for Authorised Person:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Current AP Certificate in either HV/LV Electrical or Mechanical Systems
- Sound understanding of JSP375 and appointed / responsible person processes.
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (in relevant discipline).
- Competent Microsoft Office Suite User
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving licence
- IOSH / NEBOSH Qualification
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE.