|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Technology, Safety, IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 4 days ago|
Autonomous Systems Consultant
£40,000 - £65,000 Dep on experience.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum of a degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics OR Physics)
- Experience in Autonomous Systems or Robotics in the Land, Air, Sea or Space domains
- Experience in the application of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Knowledge of a relevant programming language e.g. C, C++ or Python
Our client is developing game changing capabilities through the intelligent application of autonomous technologies across multiple industry markets and domains. By focussing on end user need and the practicalities of exploiting autonomous systems technologies, they cut through the hype of the field and deliver concepts and systems with the potential to make a real difference in the world.
They are looking to build on their success so far to enhance the technical capabilities and expand their offering to the market.
The autonomous systems engineers work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to deliver innovative autonomous solutions to clients' real world problems. These tasks vary from feasibility studies to collaboration with internationally recognised equipment manufacturers to demonstrate air, ground and marine autonomous system deployment in representative demonstration environments.
We're looking for candidates who can make a real impact on projects through the innovative application of their technical skills. Ideally you'd have a background in engineering, applied mathematics or physics but we're happy to consider different backgrounds if you can demonstrate aptitude or experience and provide an interesting perspective on the challenges of autonomous systems engineering.
We are keen to talk to people with experience in :
- System and software development lifecycles e.g. Agile, V-model
- Artificial intelligence and autonomy frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, ROS)
- Algorithm development for relevant tasks (e.g. perception, planning, pathfinding)
- GPU compute technologies (e.g. OpenCL, CUDA)
- System integration and test
- Sensor processing and integration (e.g. LIDAR, cameras, RADAR)
- Project management
- Interpretation of technical needs
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.