|Location: Sandwich, Kent||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Avionic Technician (Electro-Optic Payload Maintenance & Repair Technician)
Location: Kent, Commutable from Canterbury, Margate, Dover, Ashford etc.
I'm looking for a driven Avionics technician who wants to learn new skills and work on critical but exciting projects. The Avionic Technician will be responsible for carrying out the manufacture, survey, evaluation, fault diagnosis and repair including testing of Electro-Optic payloads within the repair facility or in the field as required. You will be Liaising with the quality and operations team to create reports and returns as required.
The successful Avionics Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Profit Share Scheme
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Death in Service
- Rewards and recognition scheme
Some of the main duties of the Avionics Technician will include:
- Responsible for evaluating returned product and carrying out repairs as required within the agreed turnaround time.
- Debugging faults within the system.
- Carrying out line of sight calibration between optical units.
- Updating software to CPUs contained within the equipment.
- Carrying out leak checks and resolving issues as identified.
- Balancing of the gimballed system.
- Carrying test procedures.
- Producing reports and returns as required in support of the contract.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- To undertake customer and other visits in the UK and overseas (e.g. Israel), when necessary. As such a full clean current driving licence is required.
- Carry out other tasks and activities as required by management.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
In order to be the successful Avionics Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ideally educated to HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering related discipline or with a recognised engineering apprenticeship within an electro-optical repair or manufacturing environment
- Experienced with the fault diagnosis and repair of Electro-Optical Sensors with a basic familiarity with opto-mechanical testing equipment: collimator, theodolite, vibration table and electrical diagrams
- Working within a clean room environment
- Excellent time management abilities
- Ability to work alone or part of a team
- Effective communicator
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors
- Must be able to travel at reasonably short notice to customers' premises
- Understanding of optical sensors, Ethernet communication based equipment, debugging of complex-opto mechanical equipment
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Avionic Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.