|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Avionic Design Engineer
Avionic Design Engineer needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced Avionic Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the designing and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Avionic Design Engineer will include:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite electrical/avionic design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Wiring diagrams/schematics/wire lists, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/ Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Support the Head of Design, Principal/Senior Design Engineer and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Compile design data as authorised by the Head of Design or Design Airworthiness Manager.
- Independent checking of drawings and documents.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Support the Design Focal engineer(s) in design review meetings, ie PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contract budget (time & cost).
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure any related issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-house colleagues.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes and ensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations and associated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance with Customer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews.
In order to be the successful Avionic Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in avionic or electrical engineering, or,
- 5 years related industrial experience (this should be evidenced by the employment history on the applicant/job holder CV).
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft avionic/electrical component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA, Solidworks or Auto CAD proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie EASA, JAA, FAA is desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Avionic Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!